- To find suitable placement for all unclaimed stray adoptable cats and dogs.
- To provide placement for pets that can no longer be maintained by their owners.
- To provide vaccinations, spaying and neutering, and medical care to all adoptable animals in our care as needed.
- To keep the cats and dogs in a private shelter environment or in a foster home for an unlimited amount of time. until they are adopted into a suitable home.
- To educate people regarding responsible pet ownership.
- Adoptable: Any cat or dog that is not dangerously aggressive or suffering from an insurmountable illness.
- East Greenwich Pets: Animals picked up by the East Greenwich Animal Control Officer and not reclaimed after the allotted time period; animals owned by people residing in East Greenwich that are left homeless by death or hospitalization of the owner.
- Placement: Matching available pets with prospective owners by finding homes for cats and dogs where their physical and mental health will be maintained.
“It has always been a dream of EGAPL volunteers to have our own building. We continue our fundraising efforts to find real estate in the East Greenwich area suitable for a shelter environment.”