Adoptions are not on a first-come, first-serve basis. We aim to provide our animals with the best possible match! Please note we rarely send our animals to their new homes during Open Adoption Hours. Please allow us time to review your completed application. If approved, we will contact you to schedule an adoption appointment.
In order to adopt a cat or dog, please note:
1. You must complete an adoption application before coming in to meet an animal you are interested in. Applications will also be available at the rescue during Adoption Hours.
Cat Adoption Application
Dog Adoption Application
2. You will need to show a copy of the following:
- Proof of home ownership (a mortgage or property tax bill) or proof of landlord permission (rental agreement).
- Veterinary records for current or most recent pets, including most recent vaccinations and proof of spaying/neutering.
3. Cats being adopted MUST be taken home in a secure cat carrier, not cardboard (please supply your own.)
4. Dogs being adopted MUST be wearing a collar and be leashed (please supply your own collar and leash).
Thank you for your cooperation in following the above requirements! Our goal is not to inconvenience our adopters, but to provide a secure environment for our pets and a loving, forever home for them.
All adoption fees are CASH ONLY (no checks, please).
Adult cat (1 year and over): $100
Kittens under one year-old: $140
Dogs (1 year and over): $400*
Puppies under one year-old: $550*
*We are adopting a dog or puppy to you that is micro-chipped and registered with Home Again. This is an additional fee of $20 and you will receive your microchip information upon adoption.
Our adoption fees are based upon the cost of veterinary care and boarding. An individual’s veterinary bill for the below services could cost over $700. We thank you for your understanding.
The East Greenwich Animal Protection League has provided the following for all animals in our care:
1. Veterinary examination.
2. Cats and kittens are tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV.
3. Treatment for ears mites, parasites and other medical conditions if necessary.
4. Initial Distemper vaccinations.
5. All cats and dogs aged at least 4 – 6 months-old have been spayed or neutered, and those younger will have this service paid for by EGAPL at the appropriate age (included in the adoption fee).
For more information about the adoption process for cats, please contact EGAPL at (401) 738-1716 or by e-mail at EGAPLcats@gmail.com
For more information about the adoption process for dogs, please contact our Dog Adoption Chair, Tammy Flanagan, at (401) 738-1716 or by e-mail at email@example.com.