Adoptions are not on a first-come, first-serve basis. We aim to provide our animals with the best possible match. Please allow us time to review your completed application and the understanding that we receive an extremely high volume of applications and process them as quickly as we can. If approved, we will contact you to schedule an adoption appointment. Please note that we rarely send our animals to their new homes during adoption hours.
In order to adopt a cat or dog, you must:
1. Complete an adoption application before physically coming in to meet an animal you are interested in. Applications will also be available at the rescue during adoption hours.
2. You will need to show a copy of the following:
- Proof of home ownership (a mortgage or property tax bill) or proof of landlord permission (rental agreement).
- Veterinary records for current or most recent pets, including most recent vaccinations and proof of spaying/neutering.
Please bring these attached to your adoption application.
3. Cats being adopted MUST be taken home in a secure cat carrier, not cardboard. Please come to pick up your cat with this carrier.
4. Dogs being adopted MUST be wearing a collar and be leashed. Please come to pick up your dog with an appropriately sized collar and leash.
Thank you for your cooperation in following the above requirements! Our goal is to provide our adopters and animals with a secure environment, successful transition and a loving forever home.
All adoption fees are CASH ONLY (no checks, please).
Adult cat (1 year and over): $140
Kittens under one year-old: $180
Dogs (1 year and over): $450*
Puppies under one year-old: $600
*PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF MARCH 1ST, 2018 ADOPTION FEES HAVE INCREASED TO THE ABOVE PRICES. *
Our adoption fees are based upon the cost of veterinary care, transportation, boarding.
The East Greenwich Animal Protection League provides the following for all animals in our care:
1. Veterinary examination.
2. Cats and kittens are tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV.
3. Treatment for ears mites, parasites and other medical conditions if necessary.
4. Initial Distemper vaccinations.
5. All cats and dogs aged at least 4–6 months old have been spayed or neutered, and those younger will have this service paid for by EGAPL at the appropriate age (included in the adoption fee).
For more information about the adoption process please contact The EGAPL at 401-467-3670.